Group Purchasing Manager
- Head Office
- Working hours:
- 40 Hours
- £30,000 to £33,000 dependent on experience Hours
- Closing date:
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES ***
Nationwide Specialist Services: Group Purchasing Manager
Location: NSS Leeds office, adjacent to junction 46 of M1
Remuneration: Basic salary of up to [£33,000] dependent on experience
25 days holiday
Nationwide Specialist Services Group was formed in May 2018 following the merger of High Access Maintenance and Nationwide Window Cleaning. The Group operates across the UK with over 300 staff. The NSS group specialise in Maintenance, Cleaning and Hire across the globe.
NSS Group has identified the need to create a new Group Purchasing role. The Purchasing Manager will:
- Take responsibility for the purchasing of materials, services, equipment, plant & vehicle hire to support operational activity across the Group’s Maintenance, Cleaning, Hire and Testing divisions.
- Utilise the Group’s buying power to drive cost savings and improve procurement efficiency.
- Formulate strategies to identify further savings across the Group and ensure continual review of its’ costs and supplier base.
- Implement robust and appropriate purchasing procedures, controls, monitoring, and best practice.
- Work day to day within the Leeds finance team but with direct contact to all levels of Group operational management.
This is a wide ranging role and will be of interest to candidates who enjoy combining their buying skills with system implementation and administration.
- Buying experience.
- Be able to demonstrate significant cost savings achieved through the implementation of own initiatives.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High attention to detail.
- An ability to challenge the norm
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft excel and word
- CIPS qualification
- Experience of ERP systems
- Experience of Facilities Management industry